5 ways to relief office stress could save your job and maybe even your life. We’ve all felt that feeling before. You might be having computer or printer issues at the office and you really want to throw it out the window. STOP! It’s not worth it. Most of all, you’ll being disrupting your co-workers daily operations. Isn’t that what you were upset about in the first place?
Let this video serve as a reminder of how ugly office stress and rage looks from the other side:
Here’s a short list of a few things you can do before you start throwing things:
1. Leave the Office for 5 Minutes – Sometimes simply stepping out the doors of your workplace can help relax you. Take 5 minutes and breath in some fresh air.
2. Take A Short Walk – Taking a stroll around the parking lot or down the street from your building works great for reducing stress. Don’t forget to breathe.
3. Do Jumping Jacks – You might look a little funny doing it, but not as silly as throwing your computer through the window. Simply find a spot where you aren’t embarrassing yourself. It’ll get your mind off of the stress and rage.
4. Wash Your Face – Sometimes splashing your face with water can help you calm down. Get a break from the office madness and head to the bathroom. The water will help cool you off, both physically and mentally.
5. Go to Lunch – Sometimes you just need to take an early lunch when you’re having a bad morning. You’ll feel better when you get back and hopefully a little refreshed. We recommend having something light so you don’t feel sluggish when it’s time to get back to work.
These few simple things will work wonders when it comes to reducing stress. Most importantly, you’ll be thankful when you don’t have to incur the cost of replacing all the hardware you just destroyed. Also, be sure to have the right IT support and proactive maintenance in place so that your computers, printers, and servers are always running efficiently.